You probably catch yourself saying to your significant other once or twice a day “So, what can Oakwood do for you?” We don’t have a unique competitive difference for our custom development practice. We’ve been discussing, arguing, debating, brainstorming, and otherwise dissecting the issue for a long time. During our chats we did make a list of things that SHOULD help us stand apart. We see so many other companies saying the same things. But they were not exactly competitive differences at all.
Choices, Choices, Choices. So, Why Us?
We don’t have a unique competitive difference for our custom development practice. We’ve been discussing, arguing, debating, brainstorming, and otherwise dissecting the issue for a long time. During our chats we did make a list of things that SHOULD help us stand apart. We see so many other companies saying the same things. But they were not exactly competitive differences at all.
We Found It
What makes us different is that NO ONE BUT OAKWOOD can say they do ALL of the things on our list. What other IT consulting firm can offer knowledge, flexibility, accountability, responsiveness, and broad thinking? Clients who have used have good things to say about us. We have earned the Microsoft Software Development Competency and Web Development Competency because we do great work. Not tooting our horn. OK, we are.
Earning Your Business
We want an opportunity to talk with you. Here is what we will cover.
- We recommend the right solution to our clients that meets their needs and their budget
- Oakwood Teams work well in your environment
- Our rates are reasonable and competitive
- Our developers are extremely knowledgeable; most have Microsoft certifications
- The teams we deploy are personable, and dedicated to each client
- We manage projects incredibly well.
- Daily time checks, and status reporting is done weekly at a minimum.
- Rock solid project plans
And There's More!
- Diligent approach to change management procedures. Our project managers are PMI certified PMPs. We run on project management.
- Enjoy local people, with physical accountability (If you want to look someone in the face and discuss the project the face is right there).
- A flexible business model. Fixed fee engagements, milestone-based billing, strategic partnerships – we’re open to figuring out with our clients where these make sense.
- Our clients know what they are going to get, when they are going to get it, and for what cost.
- Deliverables are defined, time and scope are managed, and cost is scrutinized every step of the way.
- Allocation of resources in a way that you do not pay for “thumb twiddling” time. If one project has a lag, the developer switches to another project. The developer stays utilized while you get maximum value for the fees they are paying.
- Oakwood is not just a development house. There’s an old saying, “when you’re a mason, you build brick doghouses.” When you are just a development shop, the answer to a client question is ALWAYS custom development. At Oakwood, the answer to a question might be a number of other things, like “let’s not re-build it, let’s integrate it to your other system,” or “did you know you could do that in a portal?”
And Even More!
- Oakwood works with leading edge technologies. We’re cloud developing, web developing, mobile developing, and plain old .NET developing.
- Our code bases and knowledge objects can be re-used to shorten development time.
- A consulting firm that does custom development, not a code shop that only does code. Our range of expertise across our consulting organization saves our clients money by providing the opportunity to leverage a variety of technologies into a single solution.
- Size matters. Small or large, single-person or multi-person teams. We can accommodate.
- Development of long term partnerships. We still work with clients from our early years – and we are nearly thirty years old!
- So, what can Oakwood do for you?
What Can Oakwood Do For You?
Taken one at a time, they are all statements that nearly everyone says. Taken as a group, it could just be what makes Oakwood unique.
Since 1981, Oakwood has been helping companies of all sizes, across all industries, solve their business problems. We bring world-class consultants to architect, design and deploy technology solutions to move your company forward. Our proven approach guarantees better business outcomes. With flexible engagement options, your project is delivered on-time and on budget. 11,000 satisfied clients can’t be wrong.