Power Platform Proof of Value
Discover the value of building end-to-end business solutions.
Engagement Scope and Objectives:
Throughout the course of this engagement the Oakwood consultants will, with the assistance of the Client, perform the following Proof of Value (POV) objectives:
- Work with the business to identify an appropriate business use case
- Employee Onboarding
- Mobile Application for Inspection or Review
- New user configuration or set up
- Sales intake forms
- Service Requests
- Develop a POC Scope of activities for a small application, to include:
- A simple application with one to two screens
- Integration with 1 to 2 data sources
- One to two data flows
- Conduct a high-level review of your data sources and the relevant data environment
- Review business logic and flow for application
- Briefly document a desired future state application
- Limited to 2 application screens
- Limited to 2 workflow / automated flows
- Limited to 2 data sources
- Limited to 2 reports and a single dashboard with 2 to 3 visualizations
- Gain consensus on future state objective
- Create new application framework in Power Apps
- Create 1 – 2 appropriate application screens, with buttons, text boxes and other data entry design elements
- Create connector(s) to data sources
- Access data sources for data access, import or application functionality
- Create 1 to 2 Power Automate workflows for extracting data, populating application, moving data or updating tables.
- Create data model from application data for reporting
- Build 1 – 2 low or medium complexity reports (that mirror current reference report)
- Create 2 – 3 visualizations for developed reports
- Building 1 dashboard view of the developed reports and visualizations
- Deploy reports to Power BI service (power bi.com)
- Deploy Power Automate flows, Power App application and Power BI service with reports to DEV / Test environment.
- Test and client hand-off of new test Power App environment
- Working Power Apps application, with Power Automate flows and a working Power BI report, with 1 – 2 low or medium level complexity reports, and 1 dashboard, deployed to Power BI service.
- If this process proves the anticipated value, you can expect this to be a v1 iteration of a multiple phase project, versus a “throw away” POC.