As organizations like yours embrace the many opportunities presented by cloud and mobile computing to connect with customers and optimize operations, they take on new risks. One of the biggest challenges in digital transformation is ensuring security, privacy & compliance. Oakwood is here to help!
Before we dive in too deeply on the reasons Microsoft 365 should be your trusted security solution, let’s highlight just some of the reasons in which you’ll want to engage with a proven Microsoft Gold Partner like Oakwood.
Most organizations are…
- Lacking the security talent to get ahead of security and compliance risks
- Unable to identify, assess, and mitigate security risks
- Unfamiliar with security best practices and the overall threat landscape
- Confused with many offerings and features
- Unable to correctly respond to compliance obligations in a timely fashion
What is Microsoft 365 Exactly?
M365 is available in two flavors:
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise: Includes Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security. It’s available in two plans, as Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5.
- Microsoft 365 Business: Includes Office 365 Business Premium, security and management features for Office apps and Windows 10 devices, upgrade rights to Windows 10, and a centralized IT console. It’s designed for small and medium-sized businesses.
Identity & Access Management
The consultants at Oakwood will assist you in helping to protect users’ identities and control access to valuable resources based on user risk level.
SAFEGUARD AND MANAGE IDENTITY
Most security breaches occur when attackers steal a user’s identity. Once an attacker hacks even low privileged user accounts, it‘s relatively easy for them to gain access to important company resources through lateral movement. With Microsoft 365, Oakwood can help your organization protect identities and proactively prevent compromised identities from being abused.
DETECT AND RESPOND TO IDENTITY-BASED THREATS
There are tools available within Microsoft 365 that we’ll leverage to ensure our enterprise customers manage cloud activities more securely. Our clients can define policies and alerts, learn about cloud usage in their organizations, manage apps, and get information they need to learn, analyze, and identify suspicious user or device behavior.
PROTECT AGAINST PASSWORD ATTACKS
Password-based protection exposes businesses to risky user behavior, including recycled and easily hacked passwords. Today’s modern workplace calls for modern credential verification tools. Oakwood helps clients replace passwords with strong Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) so as to better protect credentials against persistent threats.
If you’re still wondering whether you need help securing your ‘front door’ – ask yourself these questions.
- Do you know who is accessing your data?
- Do you have the ability to grant access based on risk in real time?
- Can you quickly identify and react to a breach?
- Are your users empowered to work securely anywhere at any time?
Having addressed user access and management we’ll now want to ensure documents and emails are seen only by authorized people.
With Microsoft 365, Oakwood is here to ensure you employ tools that will better protect business data, guard against accidental sharing of sensitive information, protect data in cloud applications, and improve compliance.
Manage cloud application usage
Today’s organizations require the security of on-premises systems for cloud applications—both approved and unapproved—for deeper visibility, comprehensive controls, and enhanced protection against cloud security issues.
Protect against data leakage
Enterprises like yours need control over the access to information, no matter where it’s stored or who it’s shared with. You need the ability to maintain control of enterprise data without degrading the user experience, and you need to prevent the disclosure of sensitive information.
Protect against malware and phishing attacks
New malware threats arise every day, creating a need to help protect your customers’ mailboxes against new, sophisticated attacks in real time.
Respond to security incidents
Organizations need tools in place to help them respond quickly when a breach occurs. With the tools available in Microsoft 365, Oakwood can help streamline and speed up document reviews and improve adherence to data retention policies.
Do you need help securing your information? Answering the following questions may help you decide.
- Is your data secured regardless of where it’s stored or shared?
- Does a data compliance policy control access to sensitive information?
- How easily can you respond to eDiscovery requests?
- Can your users meet all compliance obligations without interrupting their workflow?
- Do you have the ability to classify and encrypt sensitive data?
Oakwood realizes that compromised data and recovering from threats can often keep IT professionals up at night. By putting faith in a skilled partner that has your best interest in mind, you can find peace knowing that we’re here should problems arise.
We’ve worked with numerous organizations to mitigate threats through the following activities.
We’ll perform a security assessment analysis to help understand security risks, formulate policies and plan for improvement.
Manage mobile productivity:
Secure access to the cloud helping to protect data on unmanaged devices.
Deliver zero-day protection to help guard against unknown malware and viruses.
Detect and respond to suspicious activity:
Use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help identify high-risk activity and quickly respond to contain attacks before damage occurs.
Protect, detect and respond to advanced threats:
Use artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other means to help prevent successful attacks, identify high-risk activity and quickly respond to contain attacks before damage occurs.
With Microsoft 365, we’ll help you proactively guard against threats, use advanced analytics to identify breaches and threats, and automate responses to threats enterprise wide.
If you can’t positively answer the following, than a thorough threat protection plan ought to be discussed.
- Do you have tools that allow you to automatically detect high-risk usage
- Are you leveraging machine learning to uncover suspicious activities?
- Are you able to easily access reporting to find patterns that reveal threats?
- Can you automatically guard users against phishing attacks and dangerous links?
- How quickly can you react after a breach has been detected?
Oakwood will guide you on how to manage your organization’s security controls, workflows, policies and more to improve the security posture of your business.
Helping you to understand the security state of your users, determine compliance, and identify additional security configurations for their devices, provide risk assessments for apps and data, and manage security across a distributed hybrid infrastructure.
Work with you to define consistent security policies and enable controls for users to protect the organization at the front door, control device security policies and see the deployment status in a central place, control data in cloud apps with granular policies, and enable controls for workloads across a hybrid infrastructure.
Enhance your organizational security through built-in intelligence and recommendations, with advanced security reports, remediation recommendations, and risk-based policies to protect access in the organization. Leverage machine learning-based recommendations driven by signals specific to your organization.
We’ll help you determine if you need assistance with security management by addressing the following.
- Do you have to manage distributed resources across many environments?
- Do you have multiple point solutions (even within a single workload) to address specific security concerns?
- Are you spending too much time managing a large number of point solutions and vendors?
- Do you have full visibility into the security state of all your workloads? Across the entire network?
- Do you have integrated information sharing so you can effectively respond to sophisticated threats that may target your organization?
Need more information? Send the consulting team at Oakwood a message below and we’ll be happy to help!